The King’s College is governed by the TKC Board, and managed by the Executive Staff of the College. Details about the TKC Board are outlined below.
Role of the College Board
The King’s College Board has responsibility for:
- School governance
- Legal and registration compliance
- Policy development
- Goal-setting and long term planning
- Selection, appraisal and pastoral care for the Principal
- Political matters, promotion and public relations of the school
- Finance: Developing Financial Master Plan, annual budget, fee structure, fund-raising policy and government grants
- Industrial relations: provision of remuneration and conditions
- Provision of land, buildings and other capital improvements
- Maintenance and provision of resources and equipment
School Council delegates authority to the Principal to manage the daily operation of the College and the implementation of policy. It also delegates authority to committees to allow various matters to be researched and discussed prior to consideration by the TKC Board.
TKC Board Committees include:
- Executive Committee
- Finance Committee
- Risk Management Committee
- College and Special Events Committee
The TKC Board ensures that the overall direction and operation of the College is in accordance with the agreed Vision, Mission and Core Values of TKC.
The Constitution allows for up to eight appointed members on the TKC Board in addition to ex officio members. Two of these Board Members are appointed by the Visitor.
Members of the TKC Board
The TKC Board consists of individuals of good character who are committed Christians, and who each bring a unique set of skills to the Board. The current Board includes members of various professions with skills in education, law, business, engineering, IT and theology. Members are selected by invitation and selected on the basis of their suitability to The King’s College Vision, Mission, Values, and present and future needs.
Dr JG McCoy
Ps Mihael McCoy
Chair of Board / Legal Consultant
Mr Matthew Cheney – Deputy Board Chair
Ms Sarada Lee – Treasurer
Ms Eun Bryan – Secretary
Mr Richard Pannell – Board Member
Mr Uwe Thiel – Board Member
Mr Aaron Guppy
Principal (ex officio member)
Mrs Tammy Fenwick
Business Manager (ex officio member)
Mrs Joanne Thomas
The TKC Board continues to plan for the future growth of the College. This includes classrooms, playgrounds, sporting fields, a future indoor gymnasium and performing arts centre, and more.