The College Chaplain
The activities of the chaplain include, but are not limited to
- Spreading the Gospel message.
- Being readily available to provide continuity and on-going support for individuals.
- Providing guidance to students on a variety of issues.
- Assisting in the provision of student welfare programs and events.
- Providing support in case of bereavement, family breakdown
or other crisis and loss situations.
Pastor Leah will be out in the playground before and after-school, as well as during recess and lunch, supporting and interacting with students from Kindergarten to Year 12. Leah will also be available to speak with students on an individual basis.
Joining our chaplain with her very important ministry, will be our therapy dog “Whitby”, who the students loved him from the very first meeting. Whitby has one sole purpose at The King’s College, that is to bring joy and peace into the lives of our students. Whitby will be receiving on-the-job training from a professional dog trainer and will be living with Pastor Leah and her family.
If you have any questions regarding the chaplaincy position or our very special therapy dog, please don’t hesitate to contact me.