Make A Complaint
The College Complaints management process is based on the importance of
relating to others with love and respect.
It’s key elements are:
- The Process is Clear, Open, and Accessible.
- Complaints are received positively and taken seriously.
- Complaints are processed fairly, objectively, and in a timely manner for efficient resolution.
- Complaints are handled with appropriate sensitivity and confidentiality and with the assurance of no victimisation and/or adverse rebound effect.
- The complainant may communicate their concern through various modes, although in writing is preferred.
- The complainant is encouraged to direct their communication to the staff member concerned in the first instance if possible.
- A complaint is directed up the line of management if satisfactory resolution is not reached.
- The person a complaint is made against is given the opportunity to respond.
- Both parties can choose to involve a third party for support.
- To ensure clarity, the outcome of any complaint process is communicated in writing.
- Written and digital records of the process are kept.
- The best interests of the children and young people are always paramount.