The Benefits of Random Acts of Kindness
The phrase “Random Acts of Kindness” (RAK) is relatively well-known and shared worldwide.
When you consider the times when you’ve practised random acts of kindness, what sort of actions come to mind?
A Random Act of Kindness is where you give your best to help others without requesting or hoping for anything in return. It’s simply doing something nice for someone else, without them asking and without repayment.
The wonderful part of random acts of kindness is that there are benefits to the receiver and the giver.
Recipients and givers of kindness can experience a sense of awe when they think about selfless and profound acts of love and thoughtfulness.
Proven benefits of kindness are:
- Kindness can increase your feelings of strength and energy each time you help others.
- Kindness can also make you feel calm.
- Kindness can Increase feelings of self-worth.
- Kindness is like a medical anti-depressant, as it causes your body to produce serotonin, commonly known as the “feel-good” chemical that provides healing and feelings of calm.
- Kindness decreases pain by generating endorphins (the brain’s natural painkiller).
- Kindness can reduce anxiety
Why not practice a random act of kindness today and be a great blessing to someone, and in the process, enjoy being blessed yourself!