TKC Board & Governance
The King’s College is governed by the TKC Board, and managed by the Executive Staff of the College. Details about the TKC Board are outlined below.
The King’s College Board has responsibility for:
- School governance
- Legal and registration compliance
- Policy development
- Goal-setting and long term planning
- Selection, appraisal and pastoral care for the Principal
- Political matters, marketing and public relations of the school
- Finance: Developing Financial Master Plan, annual budget, fee structure, fund-raising policy and government grants
- Industrial relations: provision of remuneration and conditions
- Provision of land, buildings and other capital improvements
- Maintenance and provision of resources and equipment
- School Board delegates authority to the Principal to manage the daily operation of the College and the implementation of policy
- The TKC Board ensures that the overall direction and operation of the College is in accordance with the agreed Vision, Mission and Core Values of TKC.
- The Constitution allows for up to eight appointed members on the TKC Board in addition to ex officio members. Two of these Board Members are appointed by the Visitor.
- The TKC Board consists of individuals of excellent character who are committed Christians, and who each bring a unique set of skills to the Board. The current Board includes members of various professions with skills in education, law, business, engineering, IT and theology. Members are selected by invitation and on the basis of their suitability according to TKC’s Vision, Mission, Values, and present and future needs.
TKC Board Committees include:
- Executive Committee
- Finance Committee
- Risk Management Committee
- College and Special Events Committee
Members of the TKC Board
Dr JG McCoy
Mr Matthew Cheney – Chair of Board
Mr Anthony Whiteaker – Deputy Chair
Ms Michelle Martin – Treasurer
Mr Uwe Thiel – Secretary
Ms Sarada Lee – Board Member
Mr Richard Pannell – Board Member
Mr Keith Newby – Board Member
Mr Aaron Guppy – Principal (ex officio member)
Iwan Labuschagne – Business Manager (ex officio member)